Are you handing a Mercator Ikuü location over to your client or end consumer? You can either use their phone or tablet to setup the devices on their account straight away, or use your own account and then ‘hand-over’ access after you’ve commissioned the product. This can be done by the end-consumer if preferred.
Sharing access with Mercator Ikuü is straight forward with the home owner able to add or delete other users at any time, whether they are home or not. For more information about sharing within Mercator Ikuü click here.
Ready to hand-over? Hand-over can be completed at any time, you don’t need to be face-to-face with the client. Make sure you do all of the steps below on the account that was used to pair the devices initially:
- Make sure the home owner has created a Mercator Ikuü account, taking note of the email address they used to share the account.
- Tap the menu icon () at the top right > location management, then select the location you’d like to share.
- From the ‘home settings’ page tap ‘add member’ > ‘app account’
- Fill out the add member page, using the home owners’ email address for the account
- Make sure to select ‘administrator’ as their family role, then finish by selecting ‘save’
6. Get the new home owner to check their Mercator Ikuü account for the new location. They may need to tap on the yellow location bubble.
- Now you need to transfer home ownership to the new home owner and remove yourself from the group. Don’t do this until they have accepted the location as then you will remove the device pairings.
- On the commissioners phone open the app
- Tap the menu icon () at the top right > location management, then select the location you’ve shared.
- From the ‘home settings’ page tap ‘transfer home ownership’ and then select the new owner.
- Once the new owner has accepted the location tap the menu icon () at the top right > location management, then select the location you’ve shared.
- Select ‘delete home’. You will no longer have access to the location.
If you have any questions please contact our customer care team