If you would like to have you Mercator Ikuü products automatically turn off after being on for a certain period, you can create an automation. This can be applied to any of the Mercator Ikuü products. Some Mercator Ikuü wiring accessories include this feature as a timer option called ‘time out’. Click here to learn more about Mercator Ikuü timers and to see whether your products include this feature. An automation can involve as many of your Mercator Ikuü products as you would like, and those products can perform any of their product-specific features. You can also add delays between product actions to further customise your automated setup. See ‘how to automate your products’ to learn more about what automations can do and how to edit them.
Follow these steps to create a timeout automation
- Tap the settings icon and then tap the + icon.
- Select ‘when a device’s status changes’
- Select the device that you want to trigger the time-out
- Select the switch (if applicable) then select ‘ON’
- Select ‘Delay an action’ > use the timer scroller to set the delay between when the product turns ON until it turns off. Tap ‘next’ once done.
- Tap + beside Task > ‘activate a device’
- Select the device that you chose at step 3 above
- Select the switch that you chose at step 4 above (if applicable)
- Choose ‘OFF’ > ‘save’ > ‘next’
- If you’d like to adjust the name or the effective period during which the automation will occur you can from this screen, select ‘save’ once you are happy with the settings.
To delete any actions, swipe left on the action you would like to remove then tap ‘delete’.
To reorder product actions, swipe left on any action and select ‘more’. Press and hold to re-order any product actions, then tap ‘done’.
You can adjust the name of the scene and effective period at any time.
11. Tap ‘save’ at the bottom of the screen when you have finished creating or editing your automation. Your new or edited automation will now appear in the automation list.
Edit an automation
Tap on the 3 dots next to the name of the automation. You can make edits at any time, and the changes will be applied instantly. To return to the dashboard, tap the settings icon.
Delete an automation
To delete an automation, open the automation edit page, then scroll down and select ‘delete’.
Disable or enable an automation
If you want to disable an automation without deleting it, tap the name of the automation and choose ‘disable’. You can enable the automation again by choosing ‘enable’. The is a useful option when you want an automation to occur at certain times, but don’t want to recreate it (for example, an automation that you only want enabled when you are on holiday).